AT Acquisition Services
3D Printing and Fabrication: Learn more about option to print AT at afforable prices.
Alternative Financing: TTAP is working on providing an alternative financing loan program forTexans with Disabilities. Please check back for updates.
Financial Empowerment Resources: Learn about a variety of helpful resources to build and secure financial well-being for people with disabilities and their families (including upcoming Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) programs in your area).
AT Funding Resources
- STAP - Specialized Telecommunications Assistance Program (supports for accessing technology for those with hearing impairment and communication disabilities)
- iCanConnect- specifically for vision and hearing loss
- Local school districts and public charter schools- contact your child's special education or 504 representative
- Texas Workforce Commission, Vocational Rehabilitation- contact your vocational counselor and/or a Texas Workforce assistive technology specialist
- Computers for the Blind
- Texas School for the Blind and visually Impaired
- Employer provided or private insurance- usually will require an evaluation and recommendation of equipment
- Personal loans or savings
- Help Hope Live Fundraising - a crowdfunding resource specifically dedicated to covering medical expenses, which also includes assistive technology
Social and Philanthropic Organizations
ABLE accounts are tax-advantaged savings accounts for individuals with disabilities and their families, that won't effect means-tested benefits like Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Medicaid. These accounts could be used to purchase assistive technology, among other Qualified Disability Expenses (QDE). The disability must have originated before the age of 26. Check out the links below to see if you or your loved one are eligible to open account.